Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Shining: The “Shone” Whisper


The Shining: The “Shone” Whisper
I really love the Shining, but every time I read and watch new theories about this movie, it makes it even better.
The Shone whispers are only in the early portion of the film most when there are two people with Shining abilities. “Shone” is past tense for “shine”. From Dictionary.reference.com, ((verb
simple past tense and past participle of shine.))
The Shine scene (Ice Cream Scene)
Listen carefully to this scene below and you can hear someone whispering “Shone”. And, if you listen very carefully, you can really hear people whispering throughout the entire scene. They sound like ghosts almost.
Very creepy and very cool. Now, go back to earlier scenes and listen for the Shone whispers.
I guess you can theorize that something was “shining” the various characters.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice article, I remember my mom was watching this movie on tv when I was younger but it seemed boring. I'll have to watch it now that I'm old enough to appreciate it. Also, random - my wife and I were discussing the history of the "whoot there it is" song versus the "whoomp there it is" song, and my wife googled "woot versus woop" and said "hey that Semaj blog you read is the first result", it was a funny coincidence

Semaj said...

Very cool. I had a few people mention to me that they were doing unrelated searching and my blog came up on the first page before. Thanks for the heads up.

You should really see the Shining because it is a downright creepy movie. I am going to have to rewatch now because the whispers.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47