Monday, October 29, 2012

Random Things

Random Things
~They've released the Main Theme for The Hobbit. You can listen to it right here. I like the theme. It has shades of the Fellowship theme and it even has the “the ring” theme. It also has the Hobbit theme too for good measure. Think of the Main Theme as a sampler. By the way, Howard Shore is back composing the music for the movie. Peter Jackson and Shore had a major falling out during the King Kong scoring and Shore's score was dropped by Jackson. Shore worked on the score for three months, and his replacement, James Newton Howard, had mere weeks to complete his version of the score. I found that to be disturbing, like if Williams left Lucas. They patched things up for the Hobbit. You can't do a Middle Earth score without Shore.
~Mass Effect 1: I've been watching a Let's Play of the first game in the series. I have to say I am really loving the game a lot. It feels like a cross between B5 and Trek. Speaking of Star Trek, there was a Star Trek III reference slipped in there. I caught it and laughed.  "Yes! Exhilirating, isn't it?" I was like, “Wow, did they just say a Trek line?” Also, I like that the Let's Play guy is going the Paragon route. It just seems right to me.
~Star Ocean 2: I've been replaying this RPG this weekend. While it doesn't hold up to some of the better PS1 era games, it is still a fun game. I already know of one of the big shockers in game, so it kind of defeats the shock of that moment, which I haven't got to yet. It reminds me of the that shocking moment in MGS2 when you switch characters.
~Want to learn how to play Gangnam Style on piano? Here you go.  

2 comments:

MC said...

The Paragon path in ME always felt like the better one.

In their playthrough, are they playing as the Male or Female Shepard? The reason I ask is the female voice is better than the male.

Semaj said...

Male Shep, and I agree with you Jennifer Hale is a seasoned voice actor. She up there with Tara Strong as being one of the best VO people.

She was outstanding as Naomi Hunter in the MGS series and great in MGS4.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47